Dear Preacher,
I want to share a story with you that I think will delight and encourage your heart as it did mine.
This past Sunday morning, I walked into the church service alongside two of my third-grade Sunday School girls. One of them invited me to sit with her. During your sermon she proceeded to pull out her sketch pad and vie for my attention with drawings of hearts, trees, and peanut-people. I purposed to set a good example for her by focusing on the sermon, but seemingly to no avail.
Now, fast forward to the Sunday School hour where we are sitting in small group discussing the lesson. I have recognized an opportunity to include the points from the acrostic in your sermon. However, as I begin, my mind goes into a quick freeze. I tell the girls I am experiencing Stage Fright and will need to refer to my notes.
As I turn and reach for my sermon notebook, a little voice at the end of the table says, "Admit!" Astonished, I glance up to see to which of my star pupils the voice belongs. It is my little sketch artist.
"That's right, Evelyn." I briefly apply the principle of "Admit" to our discussion scenario.
Then, I look at my notes for word number two. Again that little voice pipes up, "Pray!" And on it goes with perfect timing after each application: Trust! Act! Thank!
And so, I thank God for His action causing this little girl to hear His word spoken through you, and I pray that this seed will grow into understanding and belief, working an eternal joy into the heart of my little eight-year old drawer of hearts, trees and peanut-people.
2 comments:
Thank you so much! What a blessing to read this encouragement. Thank you for sharing. Some days I wonder if anything is sinking in....it's nice to know that the answer might be YES!
Thanks Heidi and thank you for ministering my be sweet little 8 year old girl. She loves you dearly.
It's just like Pastor John said in his sermon, it is God who opens the ears to hear. I am excited and encouraged with you and eagerly watching for growth from all the seeds that are planted in this beautful little girl, whom I delight in loving. :)
Post a Comment