Walking through a wood, listening to and watching the nuances that color its sylvan voice, is like observing a soliloquist on stage. Though present, we remain distant, observing from a position of safety. Affairs of life slip into restful slumber, senses breathe again, clarity emerges. Perhaps you will experience something similar in reading the reflections of my wanderings. Perhaps you will find it a sort of sylvan soliloquy that helps you make sense of your own story.
syl • van
syl • van : of, relating to, or characteristic of the woods or forest
Saturday, January 14, 2012
He Missed Me
I had been out of town one weekend in December and consequently had missed Sunday School. When I was back the following Sunday sitting in small group, my little Ethan came up from behind me, threw his arms around my neck, and buried his head in my chest murmuring something sweet. I gently lifted his head and asked, "What did you say?" He whispered close into my ear, "I missed you!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment