syl • van

syl • van : of, relating to, or characteristic of the woods or forest

Monday, February 18, 2013

Faithful Provider

Last Monday night I received a call informing me that I was not chosen for a position I had strongly desired. Curiously, an amazing series of events had occurred throughout the application and selection process that naturally might have caused me to expect an equally amazing outcome. Had this disappointing end occurred six months earlier, I would secretly have suspected it as God Leading Me On With False Hopes or Me Reading Into Circumstances.

However, God, who daily leads me along the path of life, continues His good work of decreasing the distance between my mind, full of knowledge about Him, and my heart, full of desperate need of Him, and because God has during these months been nursing this merging process with massive servings of His Word, my spiritual eye sight is improving. The result is that I see in those amazing series of events an Almighty God displaying to my anemic heart the capability of His loving power for me, a power that He will again display with a thrilling outcome when the time is right.

Pray for me that I continue to come for nourishment to the breast of my loving, faithful provider.


You make known to me the path of life;
in your presence there is fullness of joy;

at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

No comments: