syl • van

syl • van : of, relating to, or characteristic of the woods or forest

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Wait in Faith

I am continuing my search for the new job which God already has designated for me. One of the best lessons I'm learning during this period of waiting is to wait in faith. 

Three times within the last few weeks, God has encouraged me with specific answers to prayer. He is very kind to tell me -- again -- that He is with me and He is listening to me and He is working for me. One such answer happened the week before Christmas. That Wednesday, I had followed-up on a job lead that had seemed to have fizzled out. Two days later on Friday morning, God impressed on my heart to ask for what I wanted. "I don't know what I want," I responded. "There's so many options out there that I don't even know about, and I don't even know that anything is exactly what I would want." But He seemed to impress me to ask from that which I did know. And so, on my knees, I asked for one in particular. The day went by in searching and applying to more job leads, and, as so often occurs, I forgot about my morning prayer. However, God did not forget. At 5:00, the hiring manager from that particular company called me to answer my follow-up phone call from Wednesday. They have my resume in their consideration pile, she confirmed I had spoken with one of their VPs, and that they would begin the selection process after the holidays. We enjoyed a quick, pleasant exchange. And now, I work and I wait and I trust that "He works for those who wait for Him."

From my readings in George Mueller's biography, I have learned that often God chooses not to answer until the very last moment, not because He is unable, unconcerned, or even sadistic, but because He loves the time together in prayer and child-like dependence.

I wish you each a new year of intimate joy with our Father, Savior, Master, Friend, Beloved.



Next Related Post: Faith Is Vulnerable Journey (2013/2/16)

Previous Related Post: A New Journey Begins (2012/08/1)

No comments: