syl • van

syl • van : of, relating to, or characteristic of the woods or forest

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

He Shall Gently Lead

One of the heavy burdens on my heart this year has been a very bad misunderstanding with a far-away friend. Each of our own set of communication weaknesses played a role.  

Not by (intellectual) might, nor by (emotional) power, but by my Spirit.
"Self [can never be removed] by mere instruction....There must be a work of God in destruction before we are free."

fragile vase
a bruised read he will not break...a faintly burning wick he will not quench

I will take you by the hand
I will open the eyes of the blind
I will bring out the prisoners from the dungeon
I will gently lead those that are with young
He will tend his flock like a shepherd
He will gather the lambs in his arms
He will carry them in his bosom
He remembers that we are dust

Love my neighbor as myself

Love is...patient...not arrogant (self righteous).., not resentful...bears...hopes...endures.

No comments: