syl • van

syl • van : of, relating to, or characteristic of the woods or forest

Monday, July 25, 2011

Secrets of the Mountain

I cannot say I had even begun settling into my own little hut here in this hamlet, when the Shepherd of the Mountain -- the Shepherd of my little sheep, my own Shepherd indeed -- came visiting. I love the sparkle in His eye, foretelling secrets that He will share with me. His visits excite me to watch closely and listen readily. He is a magnet to my full attention.

We speak of the children and my relationship to the hamlet. I tell Him I feel good about being here: establishing relationships, adding my gifts to the building of the community, exercising His grace in the maintenance of my little hut. It feels good to rest from my wanderings, I tell Him.

But, there is this little itch....

And then, the sparkle in His eye springs forward. He tells me my adventures are not over, just different. Instead of wandering the heights, I will now operate within and from this little hamlet. "From" this hamlet, I ask? Yes. For this beautiful, huge mountain - yet unknown by me - is just as much mine as it is the other inhabits'. It holds delightful secrets contained for my discovery. He Himself will guide me to these jewels on excursions deep into its heart. During such, my Lord will teach me to listen for and know His voice. He will show me His greatness and power and might; His grace; His person. I am eager and hungry for this time of discovery with Him, of Him. 

He's already suggesting a walk in the woods. It seems overwhelming, this foray into the deeps; but one step at time is all He requires of me.

And so I go.


Next Post in Series: Choosing the Path of Life (2011/9/4)
Previous Post in Series: A Hamlet Along the Path (2011/6/12)
Related Post: My First Little Guest (2011/8/1)

No comments: